Friday, September 20, 2013

All About Angel Tree & Mick

Hello! Welcome to my little personal blog!  I created this blog months ago, but abandoned it for a while.  I'm trying new things in my life though and I thought that a personal blog would be a good way to keep everyone up to date.

If you know me really well then you're already aware that I love to blog.   And you might be wondering just what I blog about if I am just now creating a personal blog.   I advocate for orphans with special needs.   It's been my passion for 3 years now.  God opened my eyes so that I could see all of His children that have been forgotten and looked down on by most people in the world.  I was only 15, but I was determined to find a way to make a change in the orphans lives.  The best way I could find was to begin writing about them on a blog.  Not long after that my best friend and I teamed up to be partners in advocating for orphans with special needs.  We started fundraising for families adopting, because international adoptions can be anywhere from $13,000 - $50,000.    

And during the Christmas season the organization that lists the orphans does a special project for the orphans with Down syndrome.   It's called Angel Tree.  I've done Angel Tree for 3 years.  

This year I chose a little boy that is very special me.   His name is Mick.  He's 3 years old and has Down syndrome.   Unfortunately I only have one photograph of him.  Let me tell you, HE IS ADORABLE.  


Just look at all his chubby cuteness!  There is something about a child with chubbiness!  I can't resist!  And I really don't understand how this little man doesn't have a family.  He's just perfect in my eyes.  

I am officially Mick's Angel Tree Warrior. The goal of Angel Tree is to raise $1,000 for the child's adoption grant before Christmas Day. That will help Mick's forever family faster.  The more money in the adoption grant, the better!   

Though I've done Angel Tree for 3 years I've never actually managed to raise a full $1,000.  Or even come close but God has always blessed me with the amount I did raise.  

This year I want to reach the goal of $1,000!   Mick deserves it!  I'm putting all my trust and faith in God and praying that He will provide the things I will need to reach the goal.  
   
With the help of my family and friends I'm planning to step out of my comfort zone of fundraising only online.  I'm hoping to do some different fundraisers such as bake sales, raffle and anything else I can think of.  

I haven't ever done any advocating locally, which will be something completely new to me.  Now that I am older I feel like I will be able to accomplish more.   

I do plan on doing some small online fundraisers for Mick on the blog I have for him.  

Visit Mick's Miracle ( <-- click the link) to see what's going on.  I will be updating on his blog about him often!    

I have opened a YouCaring account to put all the money I raise into.  Once I'm finished with all the fundraisers I will put all of the money into Mick's adoption grant on Reece's Rainbow.  

You are more than welcome to donate now if you'd like!  The donation box in on the top of the right side bar on this page.  

If you are having trouble seeing it because you're on a mobile device just visit this link, THIS LINK.


There is a contact forum on the right side of this page, if you have any questions just email me or comment on this post!  I am happy to answer any of them.  

If you live local then be sure to follow this blog, I will be posting on when and where I will be fundraiser in the near future. :)  

Thank you so much for reading.  I greatly appreciate all your prayers for Mick and fundraising, sharing and any bit of donations! It means more than you will ever know to me!  


No comments:

Post a Comment